.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Relapses And Red Flags

**********************************************************************

I was sorry to hear that Martin Bolton had relapsed after doing 48 weeks of combo. The virus was detected at an 8 week post treatment test. The virus came back in spite of Martin being clear at 12 weeks and him being an expert on how to go through treatment, having done it twice before.
I thought of how he and his wife must feel.
So much effort for no result.
But at least, I thought, she will not have the incredible agony of having foul rumours spread about her husband that he failed treatment because he used alcohol and drugs throughout and that it therefore serves him right that he has failed. He deserves it.
Surely no one would be so vile as to suggest that.

But this is exactly what happened to me.
Not only that but I was also accused of being a Satanist, a trouble maker and various other slanderous lies.
As anyone can imagine, this was distressing to me at such a time of grief at having failed treatment and also being in incredible physical pain. What was worse was the damage these things did to my family who didn’t have a clue as to what was going on or why such venom should be directed at me.
Also, those that did know me and had followed me through treatment were silent.
No one supported me.
I believe even more so now than I ever did that evil multiplies when good men do nothing.
There were many betrayals including those from whom my wife had prayed with and been of help to.
The final betrayal was that my membership of a forum which I was a part of from the very beginning was deleted (as I have mentioned in a previous post)
No explanation for any of this behaviour was given.
People who I and my wife had helped now treated us with disdain and distrust.

It was a very evil and distressing time and I really took a long time coming to terms with it. I was very tempted to take matters into my own hands especially when some emails fell into my hands that would have justified my position and vindicated me.
I wrestled with using these for days.
I finally decided that I would leave it all in the hands of God.
After 32 years of being a Christian He has never failed me yet and I have certainly had times of persecution equalling this on other occasions.
“Vengeance is mine: I will repay”, says God.

I mention this as a warning to those who are seeking on line advice and support for Hepc.
The internet is a very dirty place.
So many people walking about, many with their Wellington boots on.
It is not home so don’t treat it as such.
It’s the real world and every bit as vicious and back biting.
I have seen people change on the internet. They assume a persona that is not theirs. Some extremely sad persons pretend to be other people.

So let the surfer beware. The red flag is always flying on the internet beach.
As the old maps had stamped on the edge of the page in the days when the earth was flat;
“Here be dragons”.

********************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home