.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

TX Aftershock

*********************************************************************

Just got back from a very enlightening visit to my nurse.
My hypoglycaemia which has been much worse post tx has not showed up on my fasting blood test.
All is normal including cholesterol which is a healthy 4.
So there is nothing visibly wrong apart from borderline hypo thyroid which my GP will monitor every two months.
But as I described my joint and muscle pains, fatigue and the constant need for sugar levels to be kept balanced she is not surprised.
Then the bombshell. That very morning my nurse had just had in one of her first treatment candidates who was celebrating her second year anniversary from clearing the virus. This person reported that they were only just starting to feel well now – two years after clearing the virus. Geno 1 by the way.
“We are still assessing the original completers of treatment and are discovering that the prolonged recovery rate is now the norm” said my nurse.
“You shouldn’t do yourself down just because you are not recovering like you think you should. Even those who clear the virus can often retain symptoms that they had pre treatment for many years after”.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
Thanks as always for your honesty. Wish I could have beamed you and Sarah into my church service today, it's incredibly spirit filled. I did pray for you guys though. Thanks for all your words of wisdom. Going to find some tea tree oil....

nadine
Someday I will retrieve my sign in information so that I won't be listed as anonymous.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul did you know that when you google paulwilcox you are at the top with:

OVERCOMER
If you read my post “Louis Pasteur never shook hands”, http://paulwilcox.blogspot.

nadine

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for all the crap that happened on your post on rons forumIts making me think of leaving it hope you and yor wife get well soon,

Jimi

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too Paul. I agree with what Jimi said. Thanks for being a voice in the wilderness. Please continue saying it like it is - despite the adversity.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home