.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, May 28, 2006

BBC Play And Helpful Pill

***********************************************************************

I have received the date for the radio play which incorporates a number of blogs to provide an overall view of the hepc experience.
Transmission (known as TX in broadcasting world!) is at 14.15 on Monday 5th June, until 15.00. It will also be available to hear on-line from the BBC Radio 4 site, for seven days after TX.
There will be a helpline available for those who want to know more.

I have been gradually moving away from people with the virus. Although I cannot escape the virus itself I feel it is important to distance yourself away from living in the virus as opposed to living with the virus.
The virus does not define me. It only limits me in certain ways. I have a healthy regime and as long as I stick to this it is the best I can do to give me as full a life as possible. The virus will try and destroy my liver. That is its reason for existence. My job is to limit its damage and scope for damage as much as I can.

There is lots of healthy eating and living advice around so I won’t give any here.
There is even a Hepc cookbook!!
Well, someone had to write one I suppose.

A pill that looks to be very helpful for those with hepc is Tramadol.
It is an opiate type painkiller but also has serotonin and adrenal boosting qualities.
This means that as well as taking care of the multitude of aches and pains often suffered, it can help with the depression and fatigue that is often reported.
I have noticed a lot of people with hepc are using it.
It may be for you, it may not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home