.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Onwards And Upwards

*********************************************************************
I have been greatly helped in sorting out my week 12 crisis by visiting an American Hepc Forum. With 1,700 members there is a large information base and I found at least 6 people who are in or around the 12 week test mark and many of them have had the exact same crisis as myself.
Many wish for a negative viral response in order to stop treatment. One woman put all her meds in a bag, went into the forest and threw them all away. Her family, including her kids, went out to find them and bring them home. It was her shot night and she still went through with it.
Are we amazing people or what??
A lot of those in the forum are in recovery from addiction of one sort or another and to show such strength of character by people who the world considers weak is very enlightening. Nothing is what it seems and the media has brainwashed all of us into seeing things the way it wants.
I hope that one of the things I will take away from tx is a more understanding view of people and their situations.
So, it is business as usual for the next 10 weeks until my 6 month test. I will know after my test then whether I will be carrying on or not. A test for the virus at 6 months needs to show clear for there being a chance for their to be a sustained response at the end of treatment.

******************************************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerry Grace said...

Sounds like you're back to your self again! Glad to hear it!
Kerry

3:37 AM  
Blogger lu said...

Hi Paul
Interesting you've found a parallel american community. Yes, people make assumptions about others based on - what? It always strikes me that people turn to drink or drugs as an attempt to solve some problem in their lives. Loneliness, anxiety, depression, hopelessness, loss and so on. And whilst sometimes people feel a bit better in the short term it can cause so much more pain than it resolves. You are right, people have to be incredibly strong to disentangle themselves from addictions. And having conquered that, to then be hit with consequences such as hep c, hiv... it is quite something isn't it?

By the way, I didn't have a 6 month viral load test - I was offered one as optional but actually I had been so anxious at 12 weeks I just couldn't face doing it again so soon. Guess I just wanted to get the 11 months under my belt.
Hope you're feeling OK
Lu

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, This is Lesley, from school days, I am thinking that your spirit is also picking back up to the old style and that has to be good, I am not really sure what all of those terms mean, have only been involved with this things from the outside with friends and family.(My father-in-law and two of my friends' daughters.

Don't stop writing and keeping me informed, in a language I can understand. I know it must be hell tho.

You will get through it, you do have the stubborness. hehe

Lucky you have a good wife to help you through...

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home