.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, April 02, 2005

I Have Seen The Enemy And It Is Us

**********************************************************************

This post is not about hepc.

Is Germany re-arming again? Have the I.R.A. declared a new campaign of violence against mainland Britain? How many tall buildings in the U.K. have had airliners smashed into them? Just wondering. I know I don`t get out much but I am pretty sure I would be aware of such significant events.
How is it then that when I visit my local country railway station (entirely unmanned and deserted) I hear loudspeaker messages constantly warning me about suspicious baggage left unattended. Such baggage, I am told by a sombre voice, is liable to be removed by the security services and destroyed or blown up.
I could feel the riba rise within me. Who started this campaign of fear? And why? So many government forms I receive now justify asking personal questions or list just about every area in my life that they now think they have a right to access – all in the name of preventing this nameless and faceless and almost certainly non-existent terror.
Listening to that tannoy message I was reminded of the Weimar republic and other shaky governments. When things are looking dodgy at home it`s a good idea to create an imaginary outside enemy that we will all unite against and forget the crap the politicians are serving us up.
The Islamic community in this country are very happy. So they should be. We look after them. They experience far greater freedom in this country than they would in their own. They want to see Britain continue just as it is. They do not want to destroy it. They are not crying out to terrorist factions all over the world pleading to be released from their bondage. No Sir, everything is O.K. please don`t rock our boat.

It`s small children that I feel the most for. They now go to school where they are locked in behind doors with security cameras trained on the outside world where lurks all manner of danger. In my work I visited many such schools and if a child should, without thinking, open the main door to anyone it was major drama. A hysterical teacher would begin a rant,
“You don`t know what`s out there. You`re exposing all your friends to danger”.
I hope we are training up lots of counsellors to deal with these kids when they are in their teens, traumatised, full of fear, their only relief to be found in an alcopop or a pill.
It`s very sad.
What we need is a Big Brother to look after us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Thanks for your comment, Ron.
A friend who follows my blog just gave me a copy of Fahrenheit 9/11, which is a movie documentary exposing the Bush administration.
The movie answered a lot of my questions.
It came as no surprise therefore to read this week about the appaling corruption involved in the local elections in Birmingham.
We invaded a foreign country which was doing no harm to us in order to install a supposed democracy which even we do not enjoy.

Paul.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home