.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Hepc Bloggers - The Genesis

*******************************************************************

After first learning I was hepc+, bewildered, frightened and confused I decided to go on the net to see if there was anything out there. I was incredibly blessed to go straight to the norwich-hepc.org.uk website. There I found stories of other heppers experiences. Some were helpful, others not.
The very best story was Michaels, which I still rate as one of the most succinct and poignant accounts of a successful tx. One of his gems was “Avoid stress at all costs”, something I have attempted to do. This was in December 2004. In January 2005 I revisited the site and noticed a link to “Jonathans story”, I clicked on that and experienced what is called a defining moment.
Some guy was actually recording his experience on tx while it was happening!! I had never come across blogging before and was astounded that such things could exist.
I made a comment on Jonathans blog and he commented back , and so I entered the hepc blogging community on January 6th.
Jonathan gave me a link to Rons blog and another fellow hepper was added to my list. Finding a new blog is like discovering a book by your favourite author. I settle down and get ready to be introduced to another character in the play.
New characters came along and eventually WOMEN entered the formerly male only community. Sue, from Toronto, had been a background figure for some time, making insightful comments, but Wendy Meister was the first official lady to join the ranks on Monday 28th February.
Now, this is where I could get into trouble, because after this point things began to explode slightly and I would hate to keep making a list and find I had missed somebody out.
Martin Bolton has already had a big plug from me for his website, and now he has started his blog.
After a break away of just 4 days I have come back to see at least 4 new names to add to the list. This is amazing!! If I was going to go through treatment for hepc there is no other time I would have chosen to do so than this.
Shakespeare said, “There is a tide in the affairs of men, which when taken at the flood leads onto fortune”. For those with hepc and for hepc awareness this is that tide.
Get your surfboards out, dudes, this is going to be a big one!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surfin is a great sport to watch. I'm enjoying seeing you tackle the waves and givin it your all.

Greeting from one of your biggest fans.

Gioia (lehblink)

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi & thanks (deeply) for writing this blog, I find it all this input from fellow heppers quite inspiring-sorry don't mean to sound melodramitic!
Am new to all this, begin 48 week tx for geno 1a next week(Apr 06).
Anyhow! am toying with idea of starting my own blog, despite having woefully inadequate writing style/skill.
How does one get stared?

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home