.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Back To Not Normal

What a difference a day makes!!

Today I walked round to the library, less than 100 yards around the corner.
When I arrived I was covered in sweat and totally out of breath.
I stood at the counter just gasping and waiting for the various waves of feeling crap to subside.
Librarians live quiet, orderly lives and don`t like their days disturbed by people collapsing in their library.
The look of horror on her face as she asked, "Are you alright?" told me I wasn`t.

Still, after 5 minutes sit down I was reasonably recovered to do my business, and after another 10 minutes sit down I was able to wend my way home.

Needless to say I don`t get out much.
The trouble is I look so well. When I see friends I will make a huge effort to appear normal, have a chat and a laugh. But after an hour that is my limit, and what they don`t know is that I will go to bed for an hour after that and then do nothing for the rest of the day.

So you can see why Tuesday was so important.
I now tell myself that feeling bad is good because it means the treatment is working and the virus is getting it`s ass kicked. My body is working overtime at killing the virus and has no energy left for a life.
That`s O.K.

Sorry I haven`t managed to make links to your sites yet. Brain fog is keeping me from learning new things.

*********************************************************************************

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Kay said...

Hi Paul,
Take it easy buddy. There is a war going on in your insides. My nurse told me its important to stop and take a few deep breaths if you feel breathless. I have to do this even now before my treatment starts. I really admire Jonathan who seems in great physical shape and managing to keep up his active life style, but for those of us who are not in such great shape to begin with, it is bound to be harder.
On a lighter note, do you think the viruses migrate from one side of our liver to the other like wildebeast? I like to imagine it like that. The drugs could be like the crocodiles waiting to pick them off as they cross the rivers.
Thinking about you
Wendy

10:30 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

Hi Paul

Wendy's crocodiles made me smile. From the outset my partner and I thought of the treatment as sending in the nukes, you know the fallout is going to be crap, but at least everything else gets decimated. Perhaps crocodiles are more prosaic.

Regarding your fatigue, I don't know how you feel about alternative therapies but I can recommend some supplements that have helped me, drop me an email if you are interersted.

I am on the management group for the IT and Library here at UEA, our management meetings are held in the Library, this invovles me climbing three flights of stairs, so Librarians are becoming used to me huffing and puffing around, I am sure that you librarian will get used to you.

Jonathan

11:57 AM  
Blogger MartinB said...

Hi Paul,
You tend to find that the 'short of breath' symptoms ease a bit when your body adjusts to treatment. Just take it easy and leave the serious calisthetics to Jonathan!
Regards,
Martin

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home