.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Itchy Skin - Any Advice?

Just coming to the end of week 3, (is it only week 3, so many symptoms in so short a time).
I had been noticing my skin drying and becoming itchy very early on but last night in bed was torment.
All my skin over my entire body was itchy, even my scalp. There was no relief or let up.

I tried having a bath with oil in but that didn`t work either.
It isn`t dry skin that is the problem so it must be chemically induced (surprise, surprise)

In the end I took a couple of knockout drops I have for emergency purposes.
My nurse doesn`t like me using anything extra. Neither do I. There is enough chemical mayhem going on without adding more.

Advice from anyone who can help please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Colam said...

Hi Paul,

I have read that antihistamines can help reduce the itch, something like claratin might help. I would have a word with your nurse this week.

Alternatively you could try Reishi mushroom supplements which are a natural antihistamine. I take these and while I have a bad rash it does not really itch too much.

Jonathan

6:57 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Thanks for that, Jonathan.
I will be phoning my nurse in the morning and will mention your advice.

Have a good week,

Paul.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home