.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

OVERCOMER

A Hepc blog, genotype 1, from discovery of virus, till (hopefully) the successful outcome. Also logging the mental, emotional and spiritual journey that this will entail. The entire contents of this blog are copyrighted by Paul Wilcox and Paul Wilcox reserves all rights granted by law to be associated with this blog.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Monday, March 28, 2005

For My Little Girl - And Her Man

************************************************************************

Steve is a recent newcomer to the hepc blogging community. His little girl put a message to all of us on his blog, which I thought was great. Her dog has just died and I felt I wanted to say something so I left a comment for her. It really brought it home to me how this is a family fight and how we are so dependant on those closest to us for support.
My daughter, Gioia (pronounced Joy-a) and her husband Drew spent the day with us yesterday. Apart from a couple of waves of faintness I was pleased that I was symptom free all day, and we had a great time. I wanted to share with my little girl how much she means to me so I am reprinting my note to Steves daughter here. It will bring back memories to Gioia of times of sadness and closeness we have shared together.
Hi Steve,
Just a word to your little girl. Hi honey, you are very brave and your words meant a lot to me. You Dad is brave too and I bet you are really proud of him.
I lost my cat this week. She was nearly 11 years old. I miss her terribly and it hurts. But whenever I remember her I always remember the good times and find myself smiling.
Maybe your dog and my cat are playing together right now - I would like to think so.
Your Dad has a big fight ahead of him and is going to need lots of cuddles. I know you will be able to take care of him.
My little girl is 28 and married, but I still need her in my life as much as I always did.

Bye for now,
Paul.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling more and more loved by you each day. This journey for you is tough, but it's changing you into the most amazing person. I never could have imagined you becoming better than you already are but you are 'new and improved' each time I see you. It's beautiful.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home